Post feed
Comments feed

Friday, February 10, 2006

True Romance directed by Tony Scott

I actually saw this film around a month ago. The script is written by Tarantino, so it comes across like a Tarantino movie - bloody and violent and hilarious - with added warmth and an actual happy ending! It's a great film and I truly enjoyed it.

The other day I came across the following useless trivia:

  • Originally Tarantino intended Alabama to turn to crime in the end and join Mr. White (from Reservoir Dogs) in a crime spree. In a flash back in Reservoir Dogs, Mr. White is asked about someone called 'Alabama'.
  • The screen play for True Romance was once part of a much longer screenplay written by Tarantino and Roger Avary. The other half of the script became Natural Born Killers.
  • Tarantino sold the True Romance script for $30,000 US (the minimum amount paid for scripts at the time) in order to fund Reservoir Dogs.
  • Alabama and Fabienne (Pulp Fiction) both say that "any time of day is a good time for pie".

The fundamental interconnectedness of all Tarantino movies, ay? I've noted before that the same group of actors keep turning up in any movie in which Tarantino is involved - my so-called 'Tarantino set' of actors. They include Chris Penn, Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Tim Roth, Uma Thurman, Samuel L. Jackson and Tarantino himself. They're all brilliant in any role they may take. It's like the Tarantino touch has blessed them all with strange and wonderful powers.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the 'Alabama' conversation in RD. Apparently Vic Vega was in an early draft of True Romance, too.

    I'll email you tomorrow. Am nearly braindead with exhaustion at present.

    ReplyDelete

HTML and $\LaTeX$ both work here. Enclose your $\LaTeX$ code in "$" or "\[" as if you were using your favourite editor.