I guess I was asking for it, going to a Festival film, but this has to go down as one of the more weird films I have seen. When you chew it over afterwards [as lorne and I have been doing repeatedly and at great length] you realise that there was quite a well-defined plot - sort of Pulp Fiction-esque without the loopbacks - but you don't notice the plot much on the first viewing. What you notice is the great, trippy, scary animation, the cool dialogue and the well-painted minor characters. They've stayed with me, so I'm willing to let the confusingly ill-timed ending slide... for now.
The film is based on a book by PK Dick, which I now must find and read as soon as humanly possible. And then see if I can get my hands on a DVD of this damned film. It wasn't a single-watch film, not at all, and I want to do it justice. I'll keep you posted ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
HTML and $\LaTeX$ both work here. Enclose your $\LaTeX$ code in "$" or "\[" as if you were using your favourite editor.