Post feed
Comments feed

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Jesus Christ Superstar directed by Norman Jewison

I've been waiting ten years to see this. In that time I've grown to know the music intimately and love it very much. The film was everything it should have been after such a build-up - deeply moving and a great work of art. I feel like I've had a spiritual experience, which I suppose is appropriate.

The best thing about the film is the juxtaposition of the modern day Holy Land conflict with essentially the same conflict going on back in 30 AD. The start of Damned For All Time does this especially well.

I'd love to write an essay about it, but I now have to go and study for seven hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML and $\LaTeX$ both work here. Enclose your $\LaTeX$ code in "$" or "\[" as if you were using your favourite editor.