Clearly this hasn't been working. I haven't blogged in three months, but I've done enough reading for several posts in that time. The trouble is that by the time I finish reading a book it seems so huge, and the problem of making sense of it so insurmountable, that I procrastinate and end up not writing anything about it at all.
This year, then, I propose to blog regularly rather than just when I finish something. I'm thinking maybe about weekly - I'll choose a day after my university timetable settles down. Each week I'll write a bit about what I'm currently reading, whether it's finished or not, and whether it's respectable or not. Even magazine articles. There has to be something.
Last week I read The Graduate by Charles Webb. It was similar in story to the movie, but I was struck by the lack of internal dialogue and description. The only means the reader has of making sense of the characters is their words and actions, which is very alienating - it was a good technique to highlight protagonist Ben's own sense of alienation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
HTML and $\LaTeX$ both work here. Enclose your $\LaTeX$ code in "$" or "\[" as if you were using your favourite editor.