This week I managed to read another 80 pages of Women in Love. It seems to be getting less dreadful - the plot has picked up a bit and the dreadful philosophical speeches are shorter. Best of all, the character Hermione has dropped out of the story to some degree. She was the worst for tedious argument, so now the conversational parts are actually bearable.
There are around 150 pages to go now, I think.
Sometime during the week I also read a Mills & Boon novel. It was a little better than some, in that it had mystery and intrigue, but the sex scenes were still pretty terrible. True to form, the hurting, mistrustful heroine took only three days to decide to spend her life with the rugged, emotionally juvenile hero. It was so memorable that I can't remember what it was called.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
HTML and $\LaTeX$ both work here. Enclose your $\LaTeX$ code in "$" or "\[" as if you were using your favourite editor.