Post feed
Comments feed

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Reading? I don't read

Actually I do still read the occasional page of Women In Love, but it isn't really going anywhere fast. While checking my page count (140 to go) I accidentally found out what happens at the end. Oh well.

Last fortnight I hit a new reading low by forgetting to even open Salient. At all. I still haven't read issue 2, and I only got to issue 3 on Sunday.

I also failed to read a Scientific American article on the Large Hadron Collider, but did observe that it had some pretty pictures. From earlier reading I already know how the LHC is expected to influence the areas of physics which interest me, so I don't really find the broad overview articles very engaging. The fine detail is kinda cool, though (the protons won't travel in a single beam, they'll travel in pencils which cross each other at very finely calculated positions!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML and $\LaTeX$ both work here. Enclose your $\LaTeX$ code in "$" or "\[" as if you were using your favourite editor.