Today is the first anniversary of my starting this blog. My first post was made on the 20th of November, 2005. Since then I've written 71 posts [an average of about one every 5 days] with a total of 21,335 words [about 58 per day, or 300 per post]. If I'd been putting the same effort into writing a Masters thesis, I'd have two by now.
My biggest month was February, which grabbed 17% of all posts to date. These had an average word count of 464 and most of them were categorised under non-fiction. My longest post also occurred in February - 1,054 words on The Frontiers of Physics.
21% of all my posts have been made between the hours of 4 pm and 6 pm. In this same time block I've written 30% of my two theses - that's 6,480 words. My next most prolific time block, oddly enough, is between nine and ten in the morning.
My shortest post, made in May, was 20 words on The Last Word. May, however, was not my slowest month by any measure - I made the fewest posts in April and July [3 each], and wrote the fewest words [310] in September.
28% of all posts have been filed under fiction, but I've written over 8,000 words on non-fiction.
The post I'm most proud of is the one about Michelle Remembers.
Monday, November 20, 2006
2 comments:
HTML and $\LaTeX$ both work here. Enclose your $\LaTeX$ code in "$" or "\[" as if you were using your favourite editor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on your blogiversary!
ReplyDeleteI'm not quite sure how 71 posts in a year is 5 a day, but one every five days is pretty impressive compared to my total of ... zero.
I hope no one else we talked about last week dies :-(
Er, oops. Error corrected. In my defense, I wrote that late at night after having got up at 5 am to swim.
ReplyDeleteI hope no one else we talked about last week dies
Aye, a great loss to economics. It's up to us to have the vision, now.